Clinical Specialist & Practice
Additional Specilised Credentials
Cert: Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (IMI, SA) – 2018
My specialised therapeutic approach focuses on helping individuals with developmental problems (called “diagnoses”) to identify, acknowledge and address the issues that have kept them from living the lives they want to live.
Through the mastersons therapeutic technique my clinical thinking will explore with you:
- Developmental and attachment theory of importance, such as separation/ individuation, traumatic attachment, abuse, etc.
- Therapeutic empathetic clarity of your maladaptive defenses (resistances that operate in service of the False Self).
- Activation of the Real Self through the correct therapeutic interventions.
- Transference acting-out and Countertransference acting-out.
- The experience of Abandonment Depression and the pathological defenses used to avoid it.
- I as your therapist will realise the clinical importance of tracking the triad – a dynamic pattern summarized as: “self-activation leads to abandonment depression, leads to defense.
Although I cannot take problems out of your hands, I am all about walking the long and difficult road with you.
Click here to view credentials
My private practice is situated at the Cape Gate Oncology Centre in Brackenfell.
Cape Gate Oncology Center (1st Floor)
Cnr of Tiger Avenue and Bisset Street